We hope that you are all continuing to stay safe and healthy during this time! We have a couple updates to share with you.
First is that we are continuing to receive back money from our tournaments. This is applicable to our Momentum and Mizuno teams. Once we have all tournament refunds back and accounted for, we will have another update for the teams. Some tournaments have just cancelled, so we won’t get that money back for another couple weeks. We do appreciate your patience as we work through this. I would like to reiterate that your account must be current and paid up to receive any refunds. Also, your accounts must be in good standing to be eligible to participate in club volleyball next season. Here is the Badger Region policy on nonpayments: “Nonpayment will result in the athlete’s name being submitted to the Badger Region office, resulting in the athlete being restricted from registering for a future season with any USAV Region until the fees are paid.”
Second, One Wisconsin is planning to open back up – but with some changes. Please see our communication below. These changes are for your safety and the safety of our coaching staff and we will be taking these VERY seriously. If you have any other questions on the new policies below, please reach out. Our Summer programs will be open for registration next week. We will be limited the amount of people per session, and we will require registration for any open gyms to control the amount of players in the gym. Please try to make all payments online, ahead of play, so that we can limit the unnecessary handling of cash or checks.
One Wisconsin is excited to re-open the gym and welcome back athletes but doing so in a safe manner is our top priority.
We have implemented new cleaning measures and procedures:
- The Sports Advantage Center has been deep cleaned and sanitized and will continue a vigorous cleaning schedule
- Balls and courts have been disinfected and this process will continue after each session
- Participants and coaches will be screened as they enter the gym to make sure they have not been exhibiting Covid symptoms or been exposed to someone diagnosed with Covid
- Limiting ball use during sessions and adjusting drills to keep distance and least amount of people using the same balls
- Only 2 courts will be used at a time to give time for cleaning (potential exceptions for open gyms and summer league)
- No spectators will be allowed in the gym or on the bleachers
- Use of water fountains will not be allowed
- Added sanitation stations throughout the gym
Athletes will be asked to follow the following procedures:
- Stay at home if you’re not feeling well, exhibiting Covid symptoms, or exposed to someone diagnosed with Covid
- Wash hands when you arrive, before you enter the gym area and after your session
- Do not touch your face or mouth
- Practice social distancing when possible and refrain from contacting other participants
- Bring hand sanitizer and water with you (no water fountains)
- No bags will be allowed in the gym or lobby area. Please get ready in your vehicle and be ready to enter at start time and leave promptly.
- No gathering in the lobby
- No spectators will be allowed until further notice
Thank you all for your support of One Wisconsin and our programs.